Yayasan Betania Indonesia (YBI) is established with the aim to cooperate with partners either government and Non-Governmental Organization in Indonesia and abroad to:
- Develop spiritual mental of the Indonesian origins, especially those who are neglectful due to status in economy, social culture and spiritual.
- Conduct Formal and Informal Education.
- Conduct health service by providing Health Clinic / Hospital including elucidation in HIV / AIDS for neglectful ethic groups particularly Inland Indigenous & Tribal People (so called KAT).
- Conduct society development activities for society, neglectful ethic groups particularly Inland Indigenous & Tribal People (KAT).
- Establish Orphanage etc. according to its necessity.
- Provide a safe, economical and effisient means of land, sea and air transportation.
So far YBI has conducted:
- Skill trainings such as typing, sewing and cooking to groups of people at YBI’s workshops.
- Management training for Church Leaders and YBI’s local staff in Inland Papua.
- Literacy Workshop.
- Develop Papua Literacy Awareness Network with now around 50 tutors and 45 adult learing group consiting of 100 adults.
- Elucidation in HIV / AIDS and Narcotic.
- Cadre training for Village Medicine Post (POD) particularly in 14 KAT areas in Papua.
- Support in providing some kind of scholarship for Elementary, Junior High and High School students to help poor parents.
- Help the people’s crops such as peanuts, eaglewood within the KAT areas.
- Distribution of the 9 Basic Needs (so called Sembako) and other household necessity for victims of natural disaster as well as victims caused by religious and ethnic conficts.